Mission & Tasks
This position is for a large project implementing extensive requirements and business processes in the scientific and regulation area. The DevOps Engineer will perform, under a full-time contract, a wide range of duties including the following:
- Extract customer’s requirements and design services according to requirements;
- Define and coordinate the delivery of IT services by effectively applying the IT service management procedures;
- Ensure that the quality of service delivered is assessed according to performance indicators, notably when formal Service Levels Agreements are foreseen;
- Work closely together with all Teams and Units in the Organization to ensure efficient and seamless interdepartmental cooperation at all levels. Apply the ICT procurement standard practices;
- Know when to jump-in and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment;
- Contribute technically to projects by taking on and completing key deliverables.
The ideal candidate will be expected to possess the following:
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Technology with one year in a relevant position;
- 3+ years' of experience in a formal configuration management tool, using Subversion, Git, etc.
- 3+ years' of experience in developing automation workflows/routines using industry leading tools, including OpenSource Tools (Chef/Puppet/Jenkins/Vagrant/Ansible), or Vendor Based Tools (HPSA/OO, vCAC, uDeploy);
- Familiarity with Deployment and Monitoring tools;
- Experience in various common Linux distributions (Ubuntu, RHEL and CentOS);
- Familiarity with Reverse Proxies (Apache, F5), Load Balancing (Apache, F5, CITRIX NetScaler, Radware/Alteon, A10, etc.), Firewalls and VPN systems (Juniper, CISCO);
- Familiarity with network debugging (packet tracing, capture, etc.);
- Experience in configuring domain information utilities, such as Active Directory, LDAP and DNS;
- Experience in virtualization technologies (VMWare, KVM);
- Experience in building containerized microservices with Docker and orchestration technologies like Docker Swarm, Azure Service Fabric or Kubernetes;
- Technical documentation skills, strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Advantageous Qualifications: ITIL certification, CISCO certifications: CCSP or CCNP, Red Hat Certified System Administrator; Chef/Puppet certification programs.
- Excellent command of English both written and spoken (Β2 or higher);
- Flexibility for travel and able to work in an international and multi-cultural environment.