Senior Developer (migration from Coldfusion to Java)
Mission and tasks
The consultant will collaborate inside the IT Team in:
- The preparation of documents such as architectural recommendations and feasibility analysis for TRIS and TBT extensions.
- The preparation of the documents for the functional specifications, analysis and design of the architecture enhancing the collaboration between the Commission and the Member States, typically by data presentation through the net (web services ….)
- In collaboration with the relevant DG Digit unit(s) , the check of the existing systems to reinforce security and define recommendations and specifications to be applied by the developers, especially for implementing the recommendations of the internal audits performed in 2012 : IT gap analysis and Security audit by Deloitte.
- The development of a centralized and reliable alerting system.
- The required developments for bilateral data exchange between external systems, should they belong to Member States, translation contractors or Commission's services.
- The set-up of the interfaces to collaborate with the 'Hermes repository services' (core storage of Ares) and any other management system that could be linked to TRIS or TBT.
- The planning and coordination of the evolution of each willing-to-collaborate-more country towards a more integrated solution based on web services or equivalent and the writing of relevant documents in a case by case basis: feasibility of interconnection, objectives and benefits, security rules to be followed, best interconnection tools and means.
- The follow up of the data analysis and data modelling.
- The implementation of the technical architecture.
- The participation in technical working groups, progress meetings and meetings with the users.
- The assistance in defining the testing,the technical documentation, the deployment, the evaluation and the reporting.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 20 years of relevant studies and experience after the secondary school
- Minimum 12 years of IT professional experience in the web technologies.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in architecture and design of information systems
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with UML or case tools
- Experience in Service Oriented Architecture
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience in internet technologies (e.g. web 2.0)
- Experience in developments for mobile is a plus
Knowledge and skills
- Good knowledge of application’s Architecture and design
- Good knowledge of modelling tools (e.g. UML)
- A strong experience in web technologies is mandatory
- Good knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture
- Knowledge of interoperability technology (e.g. web services, message oriented middleware, service oriented bus)
- Good redaction skills.
- Ability to give technical presentations.
- Ability to apply high quality standards
- Ability to cope with fast changing technologies used in application architecture and design
- Ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings, good communication skills; he must be fluent in English and French
- Capability of integration in an international/multi-cultural environment, rapid selfstarting capability and experience in team working.
- Able to visit some foreign contact points in order to explain the forecasted evolution and discuss and get agreement for the forecasted technical solution with the IT responsible in the MS
- Minimum 8 years in Oracle DBMS and ColdFusion
- Minimum 4 years in Java
- Minimum 2 years in Adobe Flex or Web 2.0.
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to analyse complex documents, in English and French
- Ability to follow and interpret Internal procedures and standards
- Ability to respect deadlines
- Ability to work independently on specific tasks while at the same time functioning as a member of a project team.
- Very good knowledge of English and French
What do we offer ?
As an employee you receive the opportunity to work in a multi-disciplinary and international environment.
- Next to a stable, growing employer we offer you an attractive salary combined with various extra-legal advantages (company car, meal vouchers, insurance package, etc.).
- Because work is part of life, we try to create a pleasant environment where you can focus yourself on your projects, but also have fun with colleagues.
- At Trasys International, part of NRB Group, you learn every day because you are motivated to share your knowledge with other specialists and to acquire new skills from your colleagues
More detailed information may be obtained at the time of your interview.
Freelancers are also welcome for this vacancy.